Copyright A. Moore 2012. Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Arctic Animal Literacy Centers

We are gearing up next week for my first ever "research" project in Kindergarten. I am at a brand new school this year, and we are (supposed to be) a Project Based Learning school. I am really excited about moving forward at this school with projects and problem-based learning experiences. This year has been tough because we didn't really receive much training on how to implement PBL - everyone has felt  a little lost; however, this summer we have lots of PD planned!

Are any of you fabulous folks at a school that is using PBL? If so, let me know so I can follow you! :)

More posts to come on PBL...We have done several projects this year, but this will be our first one where the kids are conducting research. This is a daunting task for me to manage - so much additional "stuff" going on that it's hard to fit in the reading groups I love so much! I have some fun ideas for making our first research project "problem-based" - I'm finalizing the details then I'll have lots to create, but I'll post it and maybe some of you can give me some feedback!

In the meantime, I have created my first unit of Literacy Centers to accompany our Arctic Animal Study. There are five activities that can be differentiated that are aligned to the Common Core Standards.

Hope over to my TpT store to read more about the activities included. 

It's on sale until Monday!

Thanks and HAPPY FRIDAY!!
-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment